General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finally,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 11 Sep 2020 22:46

A week after our Anniversary my wife has a wedding ring :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Sep 2020 00:56

????

I'm sure there is more to this story.....................

Allan

Allan Report 12 Sep 2020 01:12

There is, Gwyn. :-)

OH's original wedding ring has a diamond cut pattern on it. Over the years it has been stretched to fit the change in her finger, then about ten years ago another piece was added to the ring and destroyed part of the pattern.

Over the last few years it has again become tight and OH has not worn it since. The choice was to have the original ring melted down and a new one cast, or simply to buy a new one.

One of the other reasons for going to Fremantle last weekend was to buy a new one, but we couldn't find any jewelers, just another one of the minor catastrophes which punctuated the weekend :-D

Yesterday we shopped locally and found one to her liking.

So hopefully, from now on, when we book into hotels we wont get any funny looks as OH will no longer just be wearing her engagement and eternity rings (obviously she will also be wearing clothes).

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Sep 2020 01:34

What's that got to do with gardening?

Allan

Allan Report 12 Sep 2020 01:50

I have now edited my opening post to reflect what I meant to post, and not the mistake that was spotted by Sharron :-|

Weeding, wedding what's the difference?

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Sep 2020 12:16

You nipped that in the bud Congratulations at least your legal now ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Sep 2020 13:48

Oops! Sorry.

Pedantic cow who never makes typos!

Allan

Allan Report 12 Sep 2020 21:39

I wasn't having a go, Sharron, just my attempt at humour :-)

Never proof-read your own work; it took me six attempts before I found my mistake :-S

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 12 Sep 2020 23:58

Allan,
35yrs of marriage and and I'm on my 3rd wedding ring.

My first one wasn't a barrel shape, it had an edge that cut deep welts into my finger.
By the end of our honeymoon, I had a bandaged finger and wore the ring around my neck.
OH had a matching one that didn't seem to cause him problems.
We bought a new cheap one for me.

After a few years, he stopped wearing his and it lay on the kitchen window ledge for ages
I swiped it, took both of our original rings to a jeweller who melted both of them down and formed into one solid barrel for him.
I gave it to him on our 20th wedding anniversary.

By the time we got to our 30th wedding anniversary, a stone had fallen out of my engagement ring.
He bought me a new wedding and engagement ring.

Since then, OH has lost the ring that I had made for him.
We've searched the house and it isn't anywhere to be found.
It means that OH has lost both of our original wedding rings. LOL

Allan

Allan Report 13 Sep 2020 00:09

That has a sad ring to it, GlasgowLass :-D

It was our 50th last weekend.