General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Alcohol loving cat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 12 Sep 2020 18:06

Is at it again. Yes you read it right. Lock up your beer and cider as the cat is drinking again.

This is not something we encourage but if you leave your beer or cider to answer the door, the phone etc you will return to find a cat drinking from your glass.

Apparently though cats don’t like alcohol unless in our house your name is Mog.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Sep 2020 19:14

:-D :-D :-D :-D

My cats are giving me problems, but swiping alcohol isn't one of them!

Tawny

Tawny Report 12 Sep 2020 19:23

Her sister Meg is a normal cat. Where’s the milk not where’s the alcohol :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Sep 2020 19:39

Mine, now they're older, like milk, and I used to have one who appeared from nowhere when I shouted 'Milky Milky'. :-D

Yet the 'experts' always say not to give it to them, because some are lactose intolerant - but so are some humans, and those of us not intolerant can drink it!

There's also the 'cats love catnip' assertion.
I've not had a cat, yet, who's been at all interested in catnip.

Tawny

Tawny Report 12 Sep 2020 21:12

Neither of mine will touch fish but love chicken in Madeira sauce. Cats are very much their own people with their own personalities.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Sep 2020 21:36

Madeira sauce?
I presume your cats are very loved - and spoilt! :-D :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 12 Sep 2020 22:00

That’s our dinner disappearing off the plate. Loved yes they are they’re our “children” at the moment.

Mr Owl and I don’t know if we’ll have any. There are complications for us and Mr Owl is already a father to four children so at the moment we have two very spoilt cats. Particularly as I’m still furloughed.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Sep 2020 13:13

I had a cat years ago
used to dip her paw in white wine

and sit and lick every drop off it :-D :-D :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 17 Sep 2020 22:17

Mine doesn’t like wine just beer and cider. Mog also hates fish.