General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Premium Bonds.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Sep 2020 11:03

These are not longer going to be paid out via the post. So I am trying to sort out how my friend can give them her bank details. She doesn't have newspapers and doesn't use a computer.
The website is not up to date It also says don't ring and won't give a form for her to use because of Covid.

Grrrrrrr!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Sep 2020 12:42

You could try this. A reply might take some time, but it's not urgent, so good luck.

Write to us at NS&I, Sunderland SR43 2SB

The more details you can give when you write to us, the more quickly we can deal with your request:

Your personal details: name; address; date of birth. If you haven’t told us about a house move or a change in your marital status or name, please also include your previous name and address.

Your reference numbers. Any or all of these: your NS&I number, holder’s or customer number, account number, Bond numbers, or Certificate numbers, if you know them. You’ll find these numbers on your Bond records, certificates of investment or any other letters from us.

Details of your accounts or investments: type of investment (eg Premium Bonds); approximate start date; and amount, if you know them.

Don't forget to sign your letter. For your security, we can’t disclose or change personal information without the account holder’s signature(s). If you are over 16 and the investment was made for you when you were a child, we might not have your signature on our records. In that case, your signature should be witnessed so we can transfer control of any investments to you. The witness must be aged 18 or over and must not be a member of your family. The witness must also sign the form.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Sep 2020 12:49

Thanks, I did dig around and find that but with both the letter and telephone they would rather you didn’t.

I had to go online to find the info. Without me doing that my friend would not be able to Let them know her bank details.

I don’t want to boast but she is lucky to have me as her children just leave her to get on with things herself. Even though they know she has started to get forgetful.

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 19 Sep 2020 12:00

If she had done nothing, and won after the warrants (cheques) are phased out completely by March 2021, she would receive a letter telling her how to arrange for that prize and subsequent ones to be paid out to her or reinvested in Premium Bonds.

I've won 2 x £25 this month, but that's been reinvested as per my instructions.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Sep 2020 12:39

Thanks, all I found was that they would keep hold of the payments until you contacted them. Which seems not to be easy.
She probably needs to get it sorted sooner rather than later as she maynot remember our recent conversation by then. Her forgetfulness is not bad, but you never know how things will go.