General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E J Osbourne.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Sep 2020 19:25

Died two days ago, Rest in Peace young man.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Sep 2020 19:43

So young, I loved him on Money for nothing. Such a happy chappy ,R I P

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Sep 2020 20:50

RIP A Good presenter shame only a young man <3

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 26 Sep 2020 22:04

Very sad news. A very talented man . RIP.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Sep 2020 02:52

How sad. He'd been through a lot. Rest in peace E.J.

Lizx

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 28 Sep 2020 12:20

Whenever he had been through he kept smiling, Has it been announced on tv about his death and what the cause was?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Sep 2020 13:04

Yesterday's showing of a 2018 episode of Money for Nothing featured EJ finding artisans to work on items he found. At the end, the screen showed a note of his birth and death date, but nothing was said.
I didn't see the beginning of the programme, so maybe something was mentioned then?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Sep 2020 14:15

A cause of death hasn't been announced yet but apparently he spent the last 3 weeks of his life in a hospice.

Very sad news.

Kath. x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 28 Sep 2020 14:22

Sorry to ask but who has died? x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Sep 2020 14:23

E. J. Osborne. He was a presenter on the BBC programme "Money for Nothing".

Kath. x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 28 Sep 2020 14:25

Thank you Kathleen..x :(

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 11 Oct 2020 16:58

Has anything been published about the cause of his death? I can’t find anything so was wondering if that was us stage name. <3

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Oct 2020 23:59

I've not seen anything published about the cause of death. E-J stood for Ethan-James which was his real name, not a stage name.

Kath. x

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 12 Oct 2020 07:15

Just typed in his full name and read that he is transgender so probably death registered in his birth names. Bless him rest in peace.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Oct 2020 02:34

I think that's wrong. He should surely be registered in his new identity. He was married and had a daughter. Such a sad thing to happen.

Lizxx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Oct 2020 07:51

You're right Liz. I had a cousin who was transgender and her death was recorded in her new identity.

Kath. x

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Oct 2020 09:40

I wonder if it was his wishes. But I think it is all wrong that it is illegal to be homosexual or lesbian, it is what they are born, not breaking the law to become that way.
I had difficulty finding an Australian uncle, we knew he was homosexual and when I sent for his birth certificate added on it was that he had a his name changed by deed poll to a female name, that was in 1982 so can only assume it was to look like a married couple because the surname was his boyfriend’s.