General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Subscription Due

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 16 Oct 2020 12:53

Could anyone please tell me how long before your subscription date is due for renewal do you press the renew button on?

Many thanks,

ShelleyRose

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Oct 2020 13:03

Check your account to see whether you are on auto renew. If not you can renew any time the renew button is showing. I would assume this goes off when you reach your renewal date.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Oct 2020 13:38

I think I press once I notice it.

The new subscription kicks in when the previous one finishes, not on the date when you press.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Oct 2020 15:17

I've never pressed it! I didn't know you could. I thought it just appeared about two weeks before your sub. was due as a sort of warning.

greyghost

greyghost Report 16 Oct 2020 16:40

Check under the heading Account near top of this page - then on Subscription details to left of page

Shows what sort of subscription you have, when last paid and when membership expires. You can click on this page to say whether you want auto renew on or auto renewal off.

I renewed this week - although I have auto renew on I was reminded on the front page that renew was due about 2-3 weeks ago I think (well, that's when I noticed). A green RENEW showed on top line of the page.

If auto renew is off I don't know whether you get a reminder or not.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Oct 2020 06:33

I realised I needed to renew when I went to post, It wouldn't, and I was told I needed to be a member :-S :-D :-D
I had no email.

Kense

Kense Report 17 Oct 2020 11:01

According to T&Cs they send emails (28 days before the renew date) if you are on auto-renew (continuous) and the fee has changed.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 17 Oct 2020 19:42

Many thanks for all your replies.

ShelleyRose

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Oct 2020 22:16

HOWEVER ........

they are not always sending emails, no matter whether you have auto renewal turned ON or OFF

Kense

Kense Report 19 Oct 2020 16:16

The last time my sub was increased was back in 2014. Since then I seem to have had e-mail reminders (two weeks before) every year except 2017 and 2019. The reminder for this year should come on 21st November.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Oct 2020 17:50

Ken ................. mine was due some weeks ago, and I did NOT get a reminder.

The first I knew was an email headed GR Receipt, but the text was that they could not renew my subscription because we had a new card!

That was on the day when my sub would run out at midnight UK time.

Because of time differences and when I read and that email, I think I managed to renew with about 2 hours to spare!