General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Confused?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 17 Oct 2020 09:04

I am.

When is Tier 3 not Tier 3?

When you live in Lancashire.

:-S :-S :-S

Allan

Allan Report 17 Oct 2020 23:06

I think that it is all going to end in tears ;-) :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Oct 2020 09:43

Allan. :-D

Crazy logic to have two separate versions of Tier 3 ... 'Tis divide and conquer as far as I can see. Someone close to Boris must have it in for Scousers and The Wirral.

We are in Tier 2 as is Newcastle and Northumberland but they've not given any different version of Tier 2 to the rural parts of our county and rural Northumberland.

I was actually expecting our little place (cases are rising) and Newcastle to be in Tier 3 but the only reason I can think of being excused is someone's rellies live in this neck of the woods - and we all know whose!

I had to give my head a shake when I typed that - cos I think to myself, 'Surely not!' but, then again, pollies are not known for their honesty, methinks.

Allan

Allan Report 18 Oct 2020 09:53

It's not what you know, but who you know :-0

Unfortunately, London has always existed within its own bubble, even before that little word was applied to this current pandemic.

Canberra is just the same :-|

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Oct 2020 10:07

It is indeed, Allan.

It was always known by us as a public service town.

I had a tour of the old Parliament building around the time that work had begun (in trouserless Fraser's day, *** from memory) on the new building.

Alas, I left Oz around the time the new one was 'opened for business' - otherwise I'd have had a look-see.

*** How he wriggled out of that one made for good reading!

Allan

Allan Report 18 Oct 2020 10:19

The only thing of note in the 'new' building when I had to go to Canberra many years ago was an ancient copy of the Magna Carta, which may as well be screwed up and disposed of in this day and age.

To the chagrin of the current PM, Scott Morrison, in this weekend's ACT election, Labor were returned to power for the sixth consecutive year :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Oct 2020 10:48

Now why does that not surprise me? :-D

We almost moved to Katherine when we were there - until I put the kybosh on it!

:-0

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Oct 2020 10:50

'Tears of a Clown'.