General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you realise

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Nov 2020 11:39

'Mad Max' is set in 2021? :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Nov 2020 12:10

Who or what is Mad Max?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Nov 2020 12:27

Mad Max is a series of Australian post-apocalyptic action films.
The series follows the adventures of Max Rockatansky, a police officer in a future Australia which is experiencing societal collapse due to war and critical resource shortages.

Sound familiar? :-(
Not so much the war - but critical resource shortages.

First they came for the loo rolls
Then the pasta
Flour disappeared................

:-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 6 Nov 2020 12:50

Welcome to the New World Disorder

Sending a letter from Australia

(With apologies to Alistair Cooke ;-))

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Nov 2020 15:16

I love Australia and would go live there if I could afford to.

Allan

Allan Report 6 Nov 2020 22:58

Anywhere in particular, ZZzzz, or just in general.

Tasmania is a very nice part, but I have to admit that I haven't travelled much in the North of mainland Australia.

Once all this problem with Covid has been sorted I want to go on the Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Nov 2020 23:33

Perth would be my first choice because I have family there and to be honest I have family in Albany and Kalgoorlie too that I have visited but don’t know those areas as well as Perth and I do go to the main library to look for my dead people, I’m usually there for a month, Australia that is not just Perth.

Allan

Allan Report 6 Nov 2020 23:38

We live about 160 kms south of Perth.

I do like Albany, a very historic town. Kalgoorlie is not too bad but it's many years since we lived in that region (in Leonora) and it is rather a long was from anywhere

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 7 Nov 2020 00:04

Well you never know, we might be related in some way, my Mum was illegitimate and although no one had heard of her I have connected to and visited family there, one was my now deceased Uncle that is Mums half brother but knew nothing of her until I told him, he was 68 at the time.