General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tesco Christmas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2020 07:36

Anyone else sitting in the queue to get a Christmas delivery slot? I have been sitting here now for 35 minutes, wondering how long my patience I’ll last. PC open at the website and me on the iPad.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 13 Nov 2020 08:31

Get a cushion Ann, you may be in for a long wait.

I got a W'rose slot about 3 weeks ago for 20th Dec. nothing after that.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2020 09:41

took an hour and a half, thought I had got one on 22nd but it must have been booked already as it wouldn't book for me. Anyway got one for 21st which is ok for me. By the way I pay £7.99 a month to get extra dates through the year and priority (they say) at Christmas. Don't hold up much hope for those not having priority. I am assuming that there are vulnerable people slots going out first.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 13 Nov 2020 09:42

We tried from 6.30 for 2 1/2 hours before giving up - but for some reason it's cancelled the order we had placed for 2 weeks time so even worse off.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2020 10:00

Oh that is not good Sue It was not supposed to open until 7am for priority bookings. But it should not have cancelled your origial slot. Have you tried logging off and going back in? It might still be there somewhere. If not I would complain to Customer services. Assuming you had fully checked out the earlier slot.

Tawny

Tawny Report 13 Nov 2020 10:05

My mum goes on at midnight to get Tesco delivery slots for her brother. My uncle is very vulnerable due to health issues but lives 400 miles away. Due to being severely autistic on top of mental health issues he couldn’t cope with moving anywhere else though. So online orders it is.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2020 10:23

Christmas slots were different to normal but if she normally gets a priority slot she should have got a Christmas one ok. Took daughter in Cumbria two and a half hours waiting.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 13 Nov 2020 10:31

Yes Annie, we've tried several times but can't get past the queue so will just have to keep trying. I will ring customer services but that is usually a very long wait listening to dreadful music.We do have priority slots too!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Nov 2020 10:33

Well we are on the priority list but it never seems to make any difference. Tjhis morning at 3am, daughter got up for the bathroom and managed to get a slot for 20 nov!!! I mean who is normally up at that time?

She now waiting for slots in Dec but Im not holding out much hope.

I have made one trip to the coop although very nervous still of driving and being in the shop but as a last resort, I could go.However today there has been more confirmed cases here which is not good!

We do indeed need a lot of patience when it comes to online shopping but when we do get a slot, it is really appreciated.

Florence in the hebrides

Tawny

Tawny Report 13 Nov 2020 11:27

Spoke to my mum and turns out mum set an alarm this morning and was on the computer for 7am. She managed to get a delivery slot for December 23rd.

This year getting a slot is going to be a lot worse than most as online shopping is getting hammered worse than usual due to Covid-19.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 13 Nov 2020 11:33

Managed to get back on and rebook our slot for 2 weeks time, but no Christmas dates showing up at all. There is a notice saying they are having system failures and will fix it asap so guess we'll just have to keep trying.
Presumably it varies according to your delivery area and their local capabilities.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2020 12:19

Sue yes it must do if Tawny's \Mum could easily get a slot at 7am. Iwas on just on 7 and still had to wait an hour and a half, daughter in cumbria waited two and a hal and was on at 0650.

Tawny

Tawny Report 13 Nov 2020 13:38

My parents live in Edinburgh and the delivery was for my uncle in Hertfordshire. It sounds like it does depend on delivery area and local capabilities.