General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yet another Donald Trump thing.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Nov 2020 19:41

Does it matter that he won’t concede that Biden has won and will be president?
Will it change anything, I think not.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Nov 2020 19:53

Apparently, he has, sort of, conceded: In a tweet posted on Sunday afternoon, the president wrote: “He won because the Election was Rigged.”

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Nov 2020 19:59

Wouldn’t it be good if there was a recount and it put Biden in further in front :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Nov 2020 20:01

It makes me wonder if it was rigged in 2016 so Trump would win.

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Nov 2020 20:20

Who's organising a leaving collection?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Nov 2020 21:08

Not me, I don’t believe in giving to the rich.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Nov 2020 21:12

If you do Dermot don’t ask me for a donation.

Kense

Kense Report 15 Nov 2020 22:04

Trump is not rich. He owes millions especially in tax. However he may be able to pardon himself before he leaves.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Nov 2020 22:10

Kense lol.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Nov 2020 00:41

The problem is that Trump is not admitting that Biden has won ............. he corrected that Twitter later by saying he was NOT conceding.

But he is also refusing point-blank to allow money to be released to Biden to let him set up his transition team and offices and prepare to begin work as President as soon as he is inaugurated.

Trump is refusing to allow Biden to receive "state secrets", ie Presidential updates on everything, from covid numbers to international relations..

Trump has not invited Biden and his wife to visit the White House, and to b given a tour.

All of those are not only precedents established over the time since the first President of the US, but also required for a smooth transition from outgoing President to incoming President.

Obama invited Trump t the White House about 2 days after Trump was declared elected.

George W Bush has told Trump that it is wrong.

So, yes there's lots wrong here.

There's only an absence of any kind of courtesy (aka good manners), but also a flouting of the rules governing the transition.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2020 10:28

Trump's follow-up tweet:
"He only won in the eyes of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA. I concede NOTHING! We have a long way to go. This was a RIGGED ELECTION!"

BrianW

BrianW Report 16 Nov 2020 10:54

I wonder if we will we see the National Guard playing "Hunt the Donald" in the White House on 21st January as Trump is holed up there still claiming the election was rigged?

Far from "Make America Great Again" it has descended into a Banana Republic status.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 16 Nov 2020 11:08

In my naivety I can’t believe a “man” can be so stupid, even a child having a tantrum concedes and calms down in a very short time.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2020 12:35

ZZzzz - don't forget - the Trump has Bigly tantrums - the bigliest tantrums, the best tantrums, no-one has tantrums like him - no-one is sure of the oranges of his tantrums, but I'm sure a covfefe will calm him down :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Nov 2020 13:02

If he has to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming 'I don't wanna go' as he was out of the classroom (lol), I want it filmed so we can all have a good belly-laugh to cheer us up in that horrible period after Christmas and New Year. :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2020 13:35

Agree!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 16 Nov 2020 15:24

My sister, the youngest of 4 of us was spoilt, what ever she wanted she was given, even different dinner if she didn’t like what the rest of were having, I just accepted it because she was the youngest and mum and dad knew they weren’t having more children. However it was when she was living alone and having to do things herself that she realised she was spoilt and grew up fast and never ever had a tantrum.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Nov 2020 15:32

I'm the youngest of 4 - and I wasn't spoilt! :-|