General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh poo!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Nov 2020 17:29

When I was at the sink yesterday I could smell something not very savoury and assumed my washing machine needed a good clean. In fact, it smelt so bad I could smell it in the front room.

This morning, OH took the bin out and spoke to the man next-door who said there was some sewage in the road but the new bloke next to him works for the Environment Agency and he said the pump down the road is running slow and it would just drain eventually.

Having enjoyed as much of the smell as I wanted, I thought I would give Southern Water a ring. Man was here within the hour and spent most of the afternoon, with some assistance, trying to sort out a blockage.

He has run out of hours and we are expecting another crew with a tanker and some longer rods as an emergency.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Nov 2020 17:47

Good luck with that!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Nov 2020 17:57

When we moved to this house we weren’t aware of an issue with the drains. One of our group of eight had terrible troubles and we regularly had to chip in for the blockage to be cleared. The householder never wanted to do the ringing up herself and I always refused. When she eventually sold the house she made no mention of it. The first blockage for the new neighbour was the night his wife went into labour. Thames water became responsible for it. When the house was sold on and it happened again the new owner, a landlord, was furious. He discovered a broken sewer pipe under the porch which hadn’t helped. The sewer under the road was eventually sorted out and life has smelt of proper roses ever since.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Nov 2020 19:05

Sharron

Don't you live near the village primary school?

Surely the problem ought to be sorted for all of you, before school starts tomorrow.

Sewage in the road and small children..... not a good mix.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Nov 2020 19:14

...especially when covid has been found in faeces.....