General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wills free meal

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Dec 2020 16:59

There is a long road runs through a nearby town, it is where the first social housing was built in Queens Road, later, more social housing was built at the other end of the road and that end was called Queens Avenue.

The brother of one of my old biddies, who is in his nineties, lives alone at 27 Queens Road and has done for many years. The other night, he was in bed at about midnight and there was persistent hammering on his door so he looked out to see a young man carrying a bag.
Down he goes, opened the door a bit and the young man confirmed that it was 27 Queens Road, put the bag on the doorstep and left.

he picked it up, looked in and saw food containers with a lot of rice and something involving chicken. Will is a meat and veg man so he doesn't even know if it is Indian or Chinese until he asks his neighbour and it is in his fridge.

I bet the people at 27 Queens Avenue were hopping!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Dec 2020 17:23

:-D :-D :-D

Hope he enjoyed it!

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Dec 2020 17:27

It will be an experience for him.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Dec 2020 18:02

I hope Will enjoyed the new cuisine.

A few years ago, Daughter arrived into her home and found an envelope on the mat. It contained a car key and a brief note telling her where her hire car was parked, as there was no parking immediately outside her house.
Sure enough, just up the road was the car as described by the hire company, but as she hadn't requested one, she phoned them to ask about the car.
They should have delivered to a similar address but a different town.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Dec 2020 21:04

Many years ago my son answered his front door and had a large and very beautiful bunch of David Austin roses handed to him. He explained that he hadn't ordered them but the delivery driver insisted that he took them. Many years passed before I had the courage to ask him who they had been intended for. It was only then that I found out the story of why I had been given such a wonderfully unexpected present.