General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Landed again!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Dec 2020 18:04

Our double glazing is about twenty years old and the people who fitted it were wearing spurs.

Talking on the phone to my next-door neighbour, (social distancing), who is in her eighties, on her own and partially sighted, she was telling me how cold she was because of the draught through her front room window and her bedroom window. She doesn't like dealing with authority so I said I would see what I could do.

First, I tried the housing association but they said they could not deal with e on behalf of somebody else but she could e-mail ail them giving them permission to deal with me. Well that's going to happen!

Later tried the repairs contractors who also could not raise a job for her on my request. Laying it on thick,I mentioned hypothermia and asked them if they could ring her.Well, she now has an appointment for 11th February, when the weather starts to warm up a bit, but they might be able to bring it forward.

Then we get into the realms of getting her to ask her son, who is blind, to e-mail the housing association. She didn't know what to ask him so I had to ring me to see what he had to do.

Why do I just not have the sense to say I don't know what to do?

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Dec 2020 18:28

Because you're a kind person trying to help others?? At least the wheels are in motion now..

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Dec 2020 19:30

Because I can't learn to ind my own business ore like!