General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Doctor in the house

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 16 Dec 2020 14:13

I see another Epstein is in bad odour - quite rightly too.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Dec 2020 21:26

Is this the revelation that no trip was made to Pizza Express, Woking?

Island

Island Report 16 Dec 2020 21:51

Nooo.... The outrageous comments that one Joseph Epstein made about Jill Biden.

No pizza in Woking for Andrew? As if! LOL

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2020 09:09

Oh yes, the Wall Street journo who suggested Dr. Jill Biden dropped the Dr. bit, as it is a doctorate in Education.
He says it ‘sounds and feel fraudulent, not to say a touch comic’.
Makes you wonder if he got past 3rd grade, but sadly his attitude isn't unusual.
We've all come across males who assume a woman who has achieved something got it through a somehow 'easier' route!

It's times like this, when I'm sooo glad I'm not related to anyone called 'Epstein'. :-D :-D

However, Dr Biden's response was superb:
"Together, we will build a world where the accomplishments of our daughters will be celebrated, rather than diminished." :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Dec 2020 11:01

How often & on what inadequate data do we misjudge one another!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Dec 2020 11:04

...and you can at least double that misjudgment if you aren't a white male, Dermot!

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Dec 2020 11:29

Ah yes! The lottery of birth.

Island

Island Report 18 Dec 2020 11:30

Joseph Epstein. Yes, that's the one I was referring to Maggie. He's been wiped from his university website apparently - pointless act I think, it doesn't change the deed!

Sadly, many women have the same attitude, it isn't just a certain male thing.
There is resentment from some of other women who have had further education and have successful careers. Jealousy I guess and insecurity with the male counterparts.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Dec 2020 11:40

I agree, nameslessone, there are many self-serving people about, of all sexes!.

However, my comment to Dermot was about misjudgement in general - like judging a person by their accent, sex, colour of skin etc.

Island

Island Report 18 Dec 2020 11:52

Did namelessone delete? :-S