General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Masterchef the professionals/Celebrity masterchef

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Dec 2020 08:04

Anyone watch it?
That has to be one of the best finals I have ever seen on masterchef. Great meals and Great chefs, every one of them a worthy winner and a good result.

Edit: Changed the title as the two are different.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 18 Dec 2020 08:33

I did, I thought Alex added his own youthful touch to his dishes..such a talent....a worthy winner :-)

Congratulations to the runners up too who shouldn't be too disappointed as they both put up a good show :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Dec 2020 08:37

I would happily eat in any of the restaurants they were head chef at. (If I could afford it).

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Dec 2020 08:56

There were very interesting combinations of ingredients.

I thought that all the finalists gave a good display of their flair and talent.

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Dec 2020 15:25

Really good Menues they must all be very proud of their work congratulations to a worthy winner x Barbara

Florence61

Florence61 Report 18 Dec 2020 16:54

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was hard to choose the winner but Alex's dishes were amazing.well done to him and the runners up,very close this time.

Florence in the hebrides

Von

Von Report 18 Dec 2020 18:03

Bart lives near us so our village was willing him to win. Alex deserved his win though :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Apr 2021 22:09

Anyone watching MC just now?Finals week with 2 guys and 2 ladies.
I like Tom.He really produces great food that looks a work of art,He also doesn't flap under pressure much.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Apr 2021 22:22

yes watched it. tom's was good but these four have been good all the way through.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Sep 2021 18:34

Has anyone been watching Celebrity Masterchef?

Last night they wee making"posh Pies" and oh my they were fab. There was one where the pastry was shaped like a salmon, another like a crown. Works of art and when they cut them in half, they looked delicious inside.

Not sure who is going to win and there are just 4 left.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Sep 2021 21:14

Yes watched it all. They are surprising how good they are they have had some really tough challenges.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 16 Sep 2021 21:50

I don't usually watch but have watched this one and am enjoying it.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Sep 2021 21:57

I have been watching it - my money is on Kadeena to win.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Sep 2021 07:32

Andysmum yes her meals are very good. Thought it was the right decision last night. I have been really surprised how well Joe Swash has done. But gosh isn't he a messy cook. I am always sad when it finishes, love seeing what they cook.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 17 Sep 2021 09:58

Kadeena has been very good from the outset :-0. I wonder whether this could be like Strictly, where there is someone very good from the beginning but then another Celeb, after learning so much, comes and pips them at the post :-0 :-D

I have to say that Joe was getting a bit on my nerves in the earlier episodes but he does seem to be taking this serious now and he has come on in leaps and bounds; I think he is genuinely surprising himself :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Sep 2021 13:02

Joe is a very hyperactive chacter I remember him in dancing on ice and, yes he did get on my nerves at first but since then I have waited to see how he gates on and he seems to be really enjoying it. Daughter thinks he has had more cooking experience than he let on at first. Wish he would not make so much mess though.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Sep 2021 13:33

Is the final tonight as i blooming missed last nights episode?

I think Joe is also a very messy and hyperactive cook but he does produce some good things. I will miss it when it finishes though so hope they make another one soon.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Sep 2021 14:49

Yes the final is tonight Florence.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Sep 2021 14:55

Oh thanks Ann, will def be watching it.

Florence in the Hebrides