General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cancelled Holidays

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Jan 2021 15:09

I don't suppose I am the only one whose holiday plans have been severely disrupted by the current pandemic!! :-( :-(

As mentioned on a previous post last year, we had a cruise booked to celebrate our Diamond Wedding Anniversary (now a distant memory). The payment was transferred to a new date this year and then the Cruise Company went into administration.

We had booked through Newmarket Holidays and they wrote and told us what was happening and said that they would hold our money for the time being until we decided what to do.

They eventually teamed up with another cruise company who didn't sail where we wanted to go, and in view of the situation here we decided that any foreign holidays were not a good idea, being liable to cancellation at any minute!

Most of my previous dealings with Newmarket Holidays have been by phone, when they have always been extremely helpful and knowledgable, being able to answer all questions without trouble.

So today, before I started writing this, I sent them an online message to cancel everything for the time being. I expected an automated acknowledgment and then a delay before a proper reply as they are very busy. To my astonishment I was interrupted in the middle of writing this by the phone, with a very nice person on the end thanking me for my message and saying that the refund would be put into motion on Monday. It will take about 4-6 weeks, which is quicker than I expected.

I asked how much and was told "all of it". So I am a very happy bunny. :-) :-)

Finally, I would like to recommend Newmarket Holidays as an agent if you are looking for one. Their service is second to none, you get straight through on the phone to someone who knows what they are talking about and their English is clear, virtually accent-free and easy to understand. They also have a good website.