General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not another press conference 2.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2021 09:52

Boris is on tonight. Probably going to tell us how many people have been vaccinated. As if we can’t read the papers or listen/watch the news.

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Feb 2021 10:30

Some cannot get 'enough' of Boris especially now that his blond American 'friend' is temporarily sidelined. ;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Feb 2021 10:58

Names

The vaccination numbers was 'Breaking News' yesterday. .... Really?

It is a wonderful achievement and all credit to those who have made it possible, but Breaking News?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2021 12:25

How can anyone expect a definitive answer when both the virus and science are ever moving?

I’m surprised you accepted the vaccine when you don’t have the answers you want.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Feb 2021 14:01

Only death and taxes are certain otherwise play the odds.

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Feb 2021 14:20

I hope I reach Heaven at least a half-hour before the Devil knows I'm dead.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Feb 2021 12:59

I think I've written somewhere on the boards before that my brother told me that the ideal scenario would be AZ first dose and the Russian Sputnik vaccine for the second as it's made in a different way, using a monkey virus with (I think he said) some of the spike protein placed inside it. (Someone on here who has read about it may be able to put it better but I hardly read anything about vaccine components as I rely on my brother's expertise.)

Alas, my boffin brother also told us that the tests won't be finished before we are due to have our second dose of AZ which, I also believe, they're tweaking at the moment.

Apparently, the twelve-week wait will see a reduction in the efficacy of the first dose but if your body is working correctly it will be building up its defences anyway so not to worry. (Gawd, I hope he's right.)

Eat right - as my parents used to say! (I'm afraid I stray from eating right from time to time.) :-D

Love those two quotes, Rollo and Dermot. :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Feb 2021 10:29

Get the popcorn ready for tonight’s big feature thriller - will he or won’t he !

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 22 Feb 2021 10:34

Nuts and chocolate for me, names. You can guess what's happened to my weight since last Spring. :-0

Dermot

Dermot Report 22 Feb 2021 10:53

No mention of a 'Fatwa' recently.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 22 Feb 2021 11:54

Dermot :-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Feb 2021 12:10

It’s not going to be the usual afternoon matinee but a late night showing at 7.pm :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 22 Feb 2021 12:16

Thanks, names, I may have to put my alarm on in case I've nodded off. ;-)

Thinking outside the box and not what this thread's about - how many of you have nodded off while eating chocolate while watching telly? More than one, I'll bet! :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Feb 2021 12:26

Tbh we can all look back no think maybe we should have done things differently

When they made decisions it had to be what the impact would be on industry and how will the British economy cope

All benefits have to be sourced from somewhere and it’s not a bottomless pit

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Mar 2021 13:02

It’s Hancock again tonight. Will the Brazilian variant change the opening up dates ?

Maybe this news will stop the whining of all those travellers from Brazil who have been complaining of their enforced hotel stay.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Mar 2021 13:28

They're going 'all out' to find the person with the Brazilian strain.
However, they're not using the allegedly 'wonderful' track and trace that cost us millions, oh no!

They're going totally tech -:
“We are working with the postal service to try and get other data to try and locate them, and this appeal is a belt and braces to try and make sure we locate them as quickly as possible.”

The Postal Service! :-S

Next it'll be warnings by semaphore! :-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Mar 2021 14:38

Track and Trace won't work because the missing 'suspect' didn't fill out the forms with their own contact details.

Even the Pony Express would have difficulties with this one.

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 Mar 2021 10:02

The Royal rumpus has diverted our thoughts away from the dreaded virus. :-S