General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

*****Prince Philip *****

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Mar 2021 15:24

Seems the Prince is poorly shame nearly 100 years old he has been a constant companion to The Queen HOPE he is comfortable best wishes being sent Barbara <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Mar 2021 16:04

It seems he has some health problems

Can only hope he gets over it

The family would be devastated to lose him i wouid think

He is a very elderly gentleman though

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Mar 2021 21:51

Looks like he is improving after surgery lets hope he gets home at least to show the world A true gentleman he is head of the family shame younger members or none members can't have manners like the oldies no respect all They are only interested in £ signs parasites . .They deserve nothing selfish. shame as Harry was s fun loving young man regrets & hurt take a long time to heal is it worth it. Get real before your Grandfather passes can't mend fences after he has gone Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Mar 2021 13:20

To all people looking in Prince Philip has been moved to Another Hospital to get better good news xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Mar 2021 23:17

He's gone back to the King Edward hospital ...... probably much more comfortable that St Bart's, and probably better food ;-)

It will almost certainly be much quieter than being on a cardiac ward ..............

my OH had a short stay on a cardiac ward 15 or so years ago, because that was the only bed that was free (he didn't have heart trouble).

He said it was hard to sleep ........ monitors bleeping, nurses always moving around, etc etc.

All best wishes to him

Just wish he didn't have this worry from across the ocean.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 6 Mar 2021 09:00

A lovely nod to the NHS, I think.

It's good to know that the Prince and his consultant/surgeon have trust in the facilities of our NHS in order to 'get the job done'. Hopefully he is well on the way to recovery now that he is back in the undoubtedly more comfortable environs of a private hospital.

Twice in the past, although having private health cover at the time, I was operated on in a public hospital - my consultant's choice (and anyway, one was an accident which, at the time, meant you are automatically transferred to the nearby community hospital, never to a private facility). It would not have mattered to me where the ops were performed as they were necessary and I just wanted them done. After one of the ops I was in a private room for the remainder of my stay and that was in a NHS hospital many years ago and I could not see any difference in that room and the rooms in a private hospital that a relative and a friend have stayed in more recently. Perhaps the chairs were more comfortable and the decor was a little better but I think the big difference could have been the food.

I am sceptical but I came across people even more so than I who said that the use of community facilities in tricky cases is that in the event of a death, it is not shown in private healthcare numbers but I am not so sure that is entirely right. I like to think that many consultants support public/national health care not only for its facilities but in order to preserve and continue to fund those facilities by money from the private sector.

I wish the Prince a speedy recovery to better health and his return to the family fold. I do hope he is being spared from the latest drama. It is such a shame that H and M did not call a halt to all of the backbiting and public airing of their grievances during this period. I'm afraid that continuation of proceedings indicates, to me, that the pair of them may be in need of lessons in selflessness and compassion.

I'd like to see the Duke of E receive his telegraph/card from HM in June. He'd be the first spouse to do so - and in our Elizabethan Age too. That would be icing on the cake for the family after such a dreadful year.