General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to Email The Support Team

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 6 Mar 2021 16:19

Just to say I wondering if the Support team is replying at the moment
I have tried to Email the team but no reply
I realize we are in awfull time at the moment ,
I am trying to renew my Genes Reunited Subscription
So I wonder if anyone has any idea Please
Thankyou
Olive Jean Ling nee Bowler

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Mar 2021 16:31

No one works over the weekend and replies seem to be very slow. Staffing is very low.

I assume you don’t have your account switched to auto renew - it might help.

If you carry on not getting a reply then try contacting Find My Past the company at least seem to staff the properly.

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 6 Mar 2021 16:41

Thankyou for your reply
I have sent a couple of Emails to them , through the week
I always contact them when the payment is due
The reason why as I renewal my Subscription by cheque through the post
You,mention Find my Past , how will I contact them
Thankyou
Olive

Allan

Allan Report 6 Mar 2021 23:26

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/help/contact

They are also on Facebook :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Mar 2021 00:29

I renewed my subscription with a cheque last year but this year after I'd sent a cheque my subscription wasn't renewed so I had to email them a few times. When I finally got a reply they said there was no one working in the office so the cheque couldn't be processed. I had to get my son to pay on his card and they promised to destroy the cheque when someone was in the office, which they did.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Mar 2021 03:18

As far as I have gathered ........ only 1 person seems to be designated to deal with GR, FMP is the important site.

Also it seems that they are all working from home these days, so it is taking time to get replies ........ often 5 or more days.

Perhaps depending on when that one person has time to devote to GR, which is the Cinderella of the group.

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 7 Mar 2021 16:29

Thankyou all for your replies
I have Emailed Findmypast to see if they can help me
Olive

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 23 Feb 2022 13:02

Just to say once agian I’m trying to Email The Support Team for the Renewal of my Subscription for Genes Reunited Co Uk
I had this trouble last year
I wish to pay by Cheque once agian
So I need to no how much and to whom the cheque is payable
And also the address
I have sent a couple of Emails
I realize this isn’t where I should contact , but I wonder if you could help me Please
Thankyou
Olive Jean Ling ( nee Bowler)

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 23 Feb 2022 13:02

Just to say once agian I’m trying to Email The Support Team for the Renewal of my Subscription for Genes Reunited Co Uk
I had this trouble last year
I wish to pay by Cheque once agian
So I need to no how much and to whom the cheque is payable
And also the address
I have sent a couple of Emails
I realize this isn’t where I should contact , but I wonder if you could help me Please
Thankyou
Olive Jean Ling ( nee Bowler)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Feb 2022 13:47

I doubt if anything had changed.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Feb 2022 14:08

I got the address from them when I last renewed:-

Genes Reunited
Finance Office,
2 Albert Square
Dundee
DD1 1DD

Make your cheque out to Findmypast Ltd.

Tell them your email address and that the cheque is for renewing your subscription. I would just send the amount you paid last year. They seem keen enough to have your money so will probably just renew at that price.

Kath. x

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 23 Feb 2022 14:31

Thankyou so much for your reply

Yes I remember that address from last year I will make the cheque out To Find my Past Ltd
As for the amount , it seams to go up each year
. Thankyou
.I will give it a try
Olive Jean Ling

Kense

Kense Report 23 Feb 2022 14:36

The address they currently give on Company Information is:

Clerk's Court,
18-20 Farringdon Lane,
London
EC1R 3AU

That is for GR and FMP
Edit:: but the other address is still given for subscriptions.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Feb 2022 14:48

I really think it is a strange way to run a business. I don't know why they don't shut down Genes and just transfer everyone over to Findmypast and have all the same content on there. I don't think anyone is actually employed by GenesReunited - I'm pretty sure they all work for Findmypast :-S

Kath. x

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 23 Feb 2022 14:55

Thankyou Kathleen

I did wonder if Genes Reunited had gone , But if it has been taken over by Findmypast
Surely they could have let’s us no , some how
But it sounds as though the name is Genes Reunited , as I wouldn’t think we would be able access FindmyPast records etc !!!
Olive

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Feb 2022 15:05

GenesReunited and Findmypast have been "sister" sites for many years.

I just think they could have just the one site and have the same different subscriptions where you could have just a standard sub. which allows you to use message boards and build your tree and then more expensive subscriptions depending on what level of access you wanted to records. It seems to be mad to have two sites both doing the same think but owned by one company - and not really having much customer support for this site.

EDIT - Both sites are actually owned by DC Thompson who own The Beano and The Dandy along with other publications.

Kath. x

Kense

Kense Report 23 Feb 2022 15:41

GenesReunited is owned by Findmypast Ltd but I think they are not allowed to combine their activities without the approval of the Monopolies Commission.

Olive Jean

Olive Jean Report 23 Feb 2022 16:19

Thankyou all for explaining , what has been happening to the Genes Reunited Co Uk and Findmypast
I think I will think about it , before I proceed any further
From Olive

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Feb 2022 03:27

Kense is quite correct, the condition imposed by the Monopolies Commission back about 10 years or so ago was that FMP could NOT absorb GR, it had to be kept as a separate site.

This was because FMP would then have controlled 3 out of 4 major genealogy sites in the UK. The only one that FMP would not own is Ancestry!