General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reactions to vaccinations.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Mar 2021 11:20

Whilst I didn’t know you could get blood clots from vaccinations I do know there can be issues.

When we moved to a new area the nurse vaccinated by daughter in th b... not the arm as she had had elsewhere. So it was either the jab OR the fact that the nurse didn’t wipe the area with a swab (daughter was in nappies) that gave her a puss filled area.

A few years later we discovered a lump in her arm - turned out to be aluminium in the vaccine. We were advised not to allow her to have all her jabs. It was considered that two rounds rather than three would cover her.

She has now had the Pfizer, Oh & I have had the Oxford AZ. I definitely wouldn’t want the Sputnik one.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Mar 2021 11:31

I've had the AstraZeneca vaccine.
What the future holds after any of the vaccines is anyone's guess, but at least I've given myself a chance to find out, rather than 'popping my clogs' with covid!

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 16 Mar 2021 11:51

I had the AstraZeneca on Saturday. My 1st dose.
No headache. No arm ache. But very very tired and also nauseous.
I do have other health issues that could have contributed to the nausea.

I did have a migraine late Sunday night. No headache, just my normal vision disturbance -metallic blue, gold and white zig-zaggy patterns.
The arthritis pains seem worse than usual, but then that could be the weather lol!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Mar 2021 12:12

Ages ago I was told that once the Russian vaccine is improved, the ideal scenario would be to have the AZ first and the Sputnik second as it is made in a slightly different way. I was also told that my second jab would be too soon for that to happen for me.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Mar 2021 12:17

I remember you saying that JL.

But if anyone was going to put a chip in the vaccine it would be the Russians or Chinese ;-) ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Mar 2021 12:30

:-D :-D :-D

I meant approved not improved!

My fingers have a mind of their own! :-0