General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OH is Happy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 3 May 2021 22:28

OH has now received revised amended travel plans for her trip to South Australia :-D

The holiday will now take place at the end of January 2022. Hopefully, by then , there may be a clearer picture of how the current crisis is unfolding.

The costs etc of the trip have remained the same despite the fact that it will now be at the tail-end of school holidays when increased airfares are usually in force.

And, from my point of view, there has been another unexpected bonus.

OH has been asked to house sit our daughter's place at the end of this month, so I don't have to wait for nearly a year for my week's holiday ;-) :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 May 2021 02:04

Great for your OH that her visit to South Australia is still on the cards, - something to look forward to.

Will you not go house sitting too ?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 May 2021 03:41

Great that her trip is still on.

Enjoy your week alone!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 May 2021 05:44

At least you both have something still to look forward to Allan.

Allan

Allan Report 4 May 2021 07:48

Thanks, all :-)

Gwyn, our house and pets also need a sitter for that week :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 May 2021 07:55

Ah yes sorry.
I had forgotten about your pets.

I used to love house sitting for my sister and her family.
Their cats could come and go as they pleased in their normal way, my family had a break from me for a week

...........and I got to do some serious family history research each day, as the Record Office was less than 10 minutes walk away.