General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long Lost Family: Born Without a Trace, **EDIT**

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 21 May 2021 09:16

ITV, Starts Monday 24th May at 9pm

Monday to Wednesday.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 May 2021 12:02

Thank you Mr M. :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 May 2021 16:48

Thank you Mr Magoo, I have put it in my diary.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 May 2021 19:20

Ta Mr. M <3 <3 <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 May 2021 16:56

What I think is now sooo amazing is that if a baby was left say on the steps of a hospital and grows up not knowing or able to find their roots, that through a DNA test, there is hope a match will be found and siblings brought together.

Isnt it fantastic progress? 50 years ago, there was no such hope for some people to find out where they came from.

Florence in the hebrides :-)

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 22 May 2021 21:08

Florence61 I agree, it's a shame DNA testing wasn't around when my great great grandfather was born, he was a foundling. :-(

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 24 May 2021 12:34

:-D.... :-D..... :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 24 May 2021 22:17

EDIT....

According to TV there are 4 programmes finishing Thursday.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 25 May 2021 07:40

Yes, thanks for the tip off.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 25 May 2021 09:51

Apparently Thursday is “What happened next”

:-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 May 2021 15:05

I watched it last night and i was crying. Its so emotional watching the people involved when they find a sibling etc isnt it?

Florence in the hebrides

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 25 May 2021 15:24

It gave me goosebumps Florence....I wonder if the Mother will want to meet with her daughters
:-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 May 2021 15:38

Yes i wondered about that. Quite awkward and im not so sure that the girls will be overjoyed in one way. However, i expect there is a sad tale behind the decision to give the girls away, there nearly always is. :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 May 2021 15:47

Great programme. Can't wait for tonight's episode <3

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 May 2021 17:01

I have always believed that the Mother had no other choice and that it must have broken her heart do do it.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 May 2021 17:18

I was in tears too last night. I think that the fact that the programme couldn't tell us about the circumstances around the mother's decision and that she was very young probably means that there is a heart breaking back story to this. Hopefully the mother will decide in time to meet her two daughters but at least they have found each other in the meantime.

Kath. x