General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just found this.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 May 2021 12:35

I don't know if anybody else might have found this but I was poking about on YouTube because I can get it through Sky and I have just found a video by Peter Higginbottom about the 'History of the Workhouse'.

I was very tempted to say that he covered a lot of things I had forgotten but that is really not the case. He covers a huge number of things I have never known and in a way that is very easy to listen to.

Von

Von Report 24 May 2021 13:25

Is it this one Sharron

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7SeiyN_TEE0 :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 May 2021 13:34

Yes,I think it is.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 May 2021 14:03

I have it and others in book form, I'm much better at reading about it than watching it.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 May 2021 15:04

I've just listened to the first 10 minutes of it and found it really interesting. I shall listen to a bit at a time whilst doing other things.

Thanks Sharron.

Kath. x

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 May 2021 15:15

Thanks Sharron and Von. It was very interesting.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 May 2021 15:16

I have it in book form too and it is very good

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 May 2021 16:41

hi sharon & von thank you patricia

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 May 2021 16:41

hi sharon & von thank you patricia

Annx

Annx Report 25 May 2021 22:10

Thanks Sharron. :-)