General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

And what do you think of this one?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Jun 2021 19:08

Last year, I made my first ever batch of piccalilli and it is like orgasm in a jar, addictive.

I have been thinking about making some more and putting garlic cloves in it as well.That is a combination of two addictions.

What do you think?

Kay

Kay Report 2 Jun 2021 22:29

I think you're very adventurous with your food and talented enough to make piccalilli but if you like orgasms in jars it's probably just as well! I've not seen them on the shelves in Morrisons but maybe M&S; being more of an "upper class" shop????

I really must take a look!! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Jun 2021 22:38

Would these be whole garlic cloves, or chopped cloves?

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Jun 2021 23:07

Whole cloves.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Jun 2021 23:14

I'm all for orgasms, but at your age ....be careful.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Jun 2021 23:31

..so you'd end up with a whole clove in your mouth?

Probably best not to donate any to the church fete, then :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Jun 2021 00:07

The garlic farm used to do something like piccalilli which didn't have the custard stuff and that had whole cloves in it, which I have absolutely no aversion to onsuming in large quantities.

I did one manage to consume a jar between the farm and the ferry but they don't sell it anymore. (Following complaints from my neighbours!)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jun 2021 09:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Actually, it would be a good social distancing tool :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Jun 2021 11:13

No trouble with vampires anyway!

Annx

Annx Report 3 Jun 2021 22:08

I made some for the first time last year and it has gone a sort of golden browny colour, not yellow. Is it edible I wonder?? Probably not, but it's still in the cupboard in the dark.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Jun 2021 22:30

You won't know until you taste it!

Annx

Annx Report 4 Jun 2021 22:40

Should I or shouldn't I??

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Jun 2021 23:00

Just a little lick off the tip of a spoon will tell you.As a pickle, it is unlikely to have gorn orf.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jun 2021 23:56

Annx - it's just 'matured' :-D :-D :-D

Annx

Annx Report 5 Jun 2021 20:07

Hmmmmm............I might be brave then, but not today!

So have I Maggie, and I'm past my best! I caught hubby peering at me in the shower one morning and asked him what he was looking at. His answer 'The Best Before' sticker!! :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Jun 2021 20:21

If it is the one that was in the Daily Mirror last year,it is not supposed to be bright yellow like the commercial product.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jun 2021 11:16

Oh come on Annx.

I want to know how it turned out.

Be brave, have a little lick. You might be pleasantly surprised.