General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Sharron

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jun 2021 18:06

You might not yet be aware but shortly, night after night, there are going to be lot of stick men on TV running around, spitting, hugging and looking for their balls.

This must have been witten with you in mind ;-)
www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57443234

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Jun 2021 18:21

I know, I know, and am currently trying to convince OH that there is something wrong with the television that stops it picking up football!

Thank you for warning me.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 11 Jun 2021 18:46

OH mostly watches on his PC which is good, apart from the twitching and occasional shouts of derision, disbelief or rage.

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Jun 2021 19:25

And instructions!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jun 2021 21:06

Back of the net with that one. ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jun 2021 18:52

We will know who it is if it rr'd!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Jun 2021 18:58

As sad as Eriksen's collapse is, and I hope he's okay, I don't believe that all matches are going to be stopped. Not even for the season.

Perhaps, RTR, as you appear to feel so strongly about the situation, you should contact the 'relevant authorities' and demand all football is stopped, this season - immediately!

Also, this thread is about football in general.

You post about bombers - they actually deliberately killed people - maybe you should desist posting about them, and your killer ancestors in future, as it's such bad taste.

UPDATE 19:00 - Eriksen is awake and responding to treatment in hospital and has been stabilised.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jun 2021 19:02

That's different!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Jun 2021 19:13

It is always sad when someone collapses, particularly when they are fit and previously healthy. As Maggie has said he is reported as being awake. Tonight’s other match IS going ahead. Talks are underway about restarting the Denmark/Finland match.

This thread was not about one man, who I had never heard of, but about people who have no interest in the game itself.

I’m not sure I would have deleted the thread at all, especially as it had been well down the page.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Edit: posted at 7.22 the match will restart at 7.30

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Jun 2021 19:27

The match was abandoned temporarily and is about to restart.

Girls soccer teams are not part of the Euros and if this a tired old thread why post on it.?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Jun 2021 19:36

“Sigh”

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Jun 2021 19:37

RTR - You wouldn't suggest matches should be cancelled - how very generous of you.
I'm sure the FA is grateful.

But you would suggest a jokey thread about Sharron's OH watching football should be cancelled?
Please explain your reasoning, if there is any.

BTW - GIRLS play amateur football - you know, like BOYS do.
We are aware there are LADIES / WOMEN'S football teams - you know, like MEN'S football teams thank you.
However it's men's football that is usually shown, and some of us just don't like football, whoever plays it. Is that acceptable to you?
Oh - and BTW, you don't have to look at, or commet on any thread, if you don't like it, please don't let us bore you.
Start your own scintilating thread,

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jun 2021 09:14

Oh! It appears RTR has removed his post, suggesting this thread be closed, due to Eriksen's collapse - however, we're all grateful RTR didn't think football matches as a whole should stop - just a thread about football in general.

RTR - so full of outraged principles and dictats - but unable to explain why.

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jun 2021 13:58

That thread was titled 'For Sharron' and he has never had one of his own titled 'For Rollo'.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jun 2021 14:05

So true!

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jun 2021 15:11

It's on.

OH shouted "Nice tackle"!

I looked up quick at that, as you would, but I didn't see any!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jun 2021 15:24

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 13 Jun 2021 15:43

It's the American men who play what were invented as girls' games over here: rounders and netball.

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jun 2021 15:52

What about stoolball?