General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re the anti vaccine protesters.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Jun 2021 15:02

I wonder how many will be glad of the NHS taking them on when they catch COVID 19 or any variant.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jun 2021 20:45

So true, ZZzzz.I wonder how many have had the polio vaccination, ot the MMR one?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Jun 2021 21:03

All of them probably because back then we just got on with it. I also wonder if any of them will regret infecting others who hadn't had the chance to get jabbed.

Annx

Annx Report 20 Jun 2021 21:51

Hmmmm........I wonder how many didn't get their dogs or cats vaccinated if they feel so strongly about vaccines? They couldn't put them in kennels or catteries to go on their hols without.

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Jun 2021 21:51

I think many wouldn't really care ZZzzz they seem so self-centered anyway!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Jun 2021 22:34

Well they should refuse hospital treatment and suffer the consequences, in my opinion.

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Jun 2021 15:59

Totally agree...just back from my second dose..two weeks time and I'll be a little safer :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 Jun 2021 16:37

We have both had our two jabs and also feel safer.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 Jun 2021 17:40

Medical staff who have taken the Hippocratic oath are unable to take any action which may threaten life however bad or undeserving the behaviour of those that need treatment.

The government could of course make vaccination compulsory thereby making some sort of gestapo for enforcement at huge cost essential. Those who have only just about decided to be vaccinated would be put off. It would also enrage the antivaxxers .And so governments do no such thing.

Various health cock ups such as thalidomide and contaminated blood, mad cow, eggs are bad for you , Fray Bentos corned beef tend to stick in the folk memory. Trust is rarely engendered when backed up by the big stick.

In any case voluntary vaccination levels are on course to pass the level which should defeat covid.

It could be said that the decisions of Bo Johnson killed many more covid victims than the anti vaxxers who have had little impact in the UK.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 21 Jun 2021 18:04

I have not taken up the Covid vaccine, but I am NOT an anti vaccinater.
All our 5 children had their injections & so did our dogs & cats.

I never had any childhood injections because my mother didn't like them & the only childhood illness I ever had was Scarlet fever,for which there was / is no vacination!

I paid into the NHS etc all my working life & only really required their services last May when I was seriously ill, (not with Covid I hasten to add!)

Joan.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 Jun 2021 18:04

I wasn't talking about the medical staff refusing to treat the protesters I am fully aware of the Hippocratic oath they take, I'm talking about the protesters refusing to have treatment.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 Jun 2021 18:09

Joan. My last comment was aimed at RTR.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Jun 2021 18:41

I remember the corned beef issue. But as.a young teen I was well aware that the problem had been with the large catering type of conttainers. and not with the family size product.