General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What happens if....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Aug 2021 15:05

Susie :-(

With something really important a signature on receipt is often a good idea. However some businesses won’t do that for personal Mail.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 1 Aug 2021 14:29

Having had a Post Office for many years I would NEVER post anything remotely important without at the very least a Proof of Posting. I put my address on the back of everything I send too - just in case. It's not that I don't trust the Post Office but with the huge amount of mail they handle mistakes do happen.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Aug 2021 12:41

Ooooo.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 1 Aug 2021 12:40

nameslessone, to late for me to do that however there is a sting in the tail for her if and when she get it.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Aug 2021 12:23

I think I would send it to the insurance company with her new addresses saying you understand that communications should be sent to her work address. Then it is down to them and not you.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Aug 2021 12:07

Having heard what she's like, I don't blame you!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 31 Jul 2021 18:50

maggiewinchester, I dont care if she gets it or not, that is another door she has shut in my face, and how she is when I want to help her, anything else I find of hers will just get shredded.

Kentishmaid

Kentishmaid Report 31 Jul 2021 18:37

Glad you have sorted it out

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 Jul 2021 18:04

Aaaah! definitely something you wouldn't want to send to nowhere!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 31 Jul 2021 18:03

Well it turns out that it is her work place, she is my sister, it is her life insurance document that I want to post to her which she may be able to cash in, she doesn't trust me with her home address in case I give it to an ex boyfriend which I wouldn't anyway.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 30 Jul 2021 21:23

Tried that maggiewinchester and a big fat nothing.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jul 2021 21:05

See if the address exists using this:

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

It sometimes doesn't have recent builds

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Jul 2021 20:51

:-S

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 30 Jul 2021 20:48

Not yet but I intend to tomorrow.

Island

Island Report 30 Jul 2021 19:29

Have you actually posted something to a non existent/ odd address ZZzzz?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 30 Jul 2021 18:35

Thank all, it seems like an odd address and that's why I asked for help also I couldn't find it anywhere but hey ho.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Jul 2021 15:56

Is it because someone or company have moved? The letter/ parcel could still be dropped off as the building number wouldn’t have changed.

Kentishmaid

Kentishmaid Report 30 Jul 2021 15:48

You need to contact the sorting office nearest to the address the letter was sent to. If you included your address in the letter/parcel they may return it to you automatically

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Jul 2021 15:48

Is this in UK? Has it already been sent?

I always write my name and at least our postcode on a parcel, but not always on a letter.

If the post cannot be delivered, I think there is (at least there was ) a department within the Post Office that tries to track down the sender.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 30 Jul 2021 15:46

Not to Santa but when I Google it it didn't come up with the address I have.