General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tracking a Parcel

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Aug 2021 16:12

I am expecting a parcel, which is being delivered by Yodel. I like their tracking system, because you can see exactly where the driver is.

I looked at about 2pm, and he was delivering No 3 of 115, and mine is No 101, with an estimated delivery of about 6.30.

Next time I looked he was delivering No 50. This means that he is working to a delivery schedule of one parcel every 2-3 minutes!

I suppose this might be OK in a block of flats or a street of terraced houses, but this is a rural area and some of the houses are so far back from the road that it must take 2-3 minutes just to reach the front door! The postman always drives up to the house, if he can, but I've never seen a delivery man do that yet.

They certainly earn their money. :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Aug 2021 16:22

It doesn’t help when they argue they are at the right house. Luckily today’s one needed a signature so hadn’t run off. They just don’t see the walkway on the other side of the road which is called ……. Walk.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Aug 2021 16:57

I have the same problem with B******y Road and B*******y Terrace, both part of the same Road :-|