General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Messages +11

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 4 Sep 2021 16:53

Hi all I'm not on here very often but on the Homepage I noticed it said I have 11 new messages as of 4th September 2021 I can't find them ? Been on my messages can't see anything new, what's going on?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Sep 2021 17:49

Shelley ...............

who knows?!!!

I think we have all had "ghost" messages come through on our email to say a message on here. Come on here. Nope, no new messages.

I think most of us have decided that those are messages wanting to know about our tree, but don't bother about them any longer.

It's been going on for at least the last couple of years.

GR no longer has dedicated staff as it used to have, so things are gradually going downhill. It takes them at least 3-5 business days to answer questions, and sometimes to respond to RR of posts.

Not all is due to covid, though the staff have not been in the office in person since last March.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 4 Sep 2021 19:01

SylviainCanada, thanks for your reply I thought It was odd when I could see anything new, :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Sep 2021 10:32

Shelley,if you had messages,then you would get an email with that message.If it's an email you use regularly,then you would see any messages through that.If it's an email you haven't checked in awhile,then log on and see if there are messages there.

My messages come through my normal email which I check several times. a day so even if I'm not on here I'm still updated.

Hope this helps

Florence in the hebrides

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Sep 2021 15:47

Shelley, many years ago did you offer to locate and photo graph gravestones?

I'm sure that you found a couple for me

I sent you a message also, which you haven't read yet.
or am I confusing you with this shelly?

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Shelly

Bob

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 14 Sep 2021 16:21

Bobtanian Hi just I've just come on here and seen your messages, (I did say I'm not on here often lol) Yes sadly you're confusing me with Dame "Shelly" my board name is ShelleyRose, hope you manage to get hold of Dame "Shelly! for your photos :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Sep 2021 20:00

;-)at least you are getting some!! xx