General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help pleas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Sep 2021 13:58

Gah. Your tab just crashed.
We can help!

Choose Restore This Tab to reload the page.
Will you help us?

Crash reports help us diagnose problems and make Firefox better.
Report this tab
Send an automated crash report so we can fix issues like this

Include the URLs of the sites you were on when Firefox crashed

Report background tabs
Update preferences to automatically submit reports when Firefox crashes

this keeps happening
any ideas to rectify please

maddie

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Sep 2021 14:19

Maddie, I have had various messages over the years like the ones you posted but to be honest, I take no notice and just ignore. But what I do regularly is go to tools and clear browsing history. This can speed up the computer and these messages then somehow disappear.
When the tab crashed, what were you looking at or doing? Did you have lots of tabs open at once(i normally only have 2 open at the same time).

You can always shutdown the computer and reboot it.

Maybe the site you were on wasnt considered a safe one? Check your security and maybe do a scan for viruses just to be sure.

Hope this has been useful but im no technician just what I know from my own experience over time.

Florence in the hebrides

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Sep 2021 14:34

thank will give it a try