General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh dear. My assumptions.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Sep 2021 14:42

As far as I am concerned, if I know something,then, so does everybody else and if I know something that is not known to all, it is probably because nobody needs to know it anyway.

So, we were watching a programme about Oxford, I think, it might have been York or Norwich, and how Queen Mary had martyrs burned. I just assumed OH was getting the same out of the programme as I was until he said "This is about the Peasants Revolt isn't it?".

And I rattle on to him about cogs and hulks,long-shore drift (it goes both ways here!), balista balls in the Owers channel and he makes the proper responses. Maybe I just don't listen to him like now, when he has been explaining to me why Crystal Palace had the advantage over Spurs and I have been asking appropriate noises.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Sep 2021 17:59

You mean the nods of the head, and 'hmm', 'oh really', 'I see' in the right place?

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Sep 2021 18:57

So neither of us knows anything about what the other has any interest in but we can both look like we do.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Sep 2021 21:26

To be honest, that's much better than being 'schooled' by someone who knows very little about 'your' subject, but believes what they know must be better than your vast knowledge!! :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Sep 2021 22:53

If you recall, my interest is ephemeral.Wish OH was that interested!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Sep 2021 23:22

My recall is somewhat ephmeral :-D :-D :-D :-D