General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Learn the words!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2021 13:05

There is a pigeon outside and I don't know what sort it is but I dowish it would learn the words properly.

It doesn't mess about with the full " Don't swear so Suzy" like a proper wood pigeon and might well not be a United supporter like all the other collared doves because it just makes a sort of mooing noise which is extremely annoying.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Sep 2021 13:13

Got yer specs on Sharron? It could be a cow. ;-) :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2021 13:35

It had better get off my roof then!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Sep 2021 14:40

I’ve never heard of that description, but found a wonderful site
Www.british-birdsongs.co.uk. You can listen to all sorts of doves.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2021 14:47

No point if they don't know the words though.

Thank you for telling me about that site anyway though. Although I can tell the doves apart, if they do it right, and I can now identify the turtle doves over the back as well, I am not very good on bird song and always had to ask my late neighbour to identify them.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Sep 2021 16:00

I hope all the pigeons round here go to bed early and sleep late. I don’t want to waste good sleeping time on trying to work out all their calls. :-D