General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Got it wrong again!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Oct 2021 18:12

We went to a Harvest Tea on Sunday. The village is coming to life a bit.

Getting ready, I said to OH that I would not wear my dungarees or the red shoes because Anne W would find fault with them. She always does it, finds something wrong with my attire.It was the wrong coloured nail varnish at one village lunch.

I can't say that I mind, it is all a bit of a laugh really.

We had not seen each other for a good eighteen months and I thought I had got away with it until I spoke to her on the phone yesterday.

She said she had seen something was different about me and could not work out what, well, my trousers are three sizes smaller but I didn't mention that.

No, it is my hair-cut. It makes me look old, bad tempered, angry and fierce.

That might not be down to the haircut!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Oct 2021 18:18

Good Grief!
Perhaps, next time, you should wear your hair over your face.

What did Mrs 'Perfecto' have to say when you had your head shaved - that your hair was too short?

Allan

Allan Report 8 Oct 2021 22:08

At least she notices you, Sharron; you'd probably be a bit miffed if she just totally ignored you ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Oct 2021 18:22

Next time I see her I am going to ask what colour burkha she would like me to wear.

There would be something wrong i sh didn't find fault. I don't know if I could deal with that!