General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is it with children.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Oct 2021 15:51

Disowning one or both parents or siblings, no explanation just don't answer their phones or e mails, it has happened to my cousins, it seems to be everywhere.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Oct 2021 16:19

That is a really sad situation.

I don't know of any family that has experienced that.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Oct 2021 16:46

:-| :-| :-| :-| :-| one family here Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Oct 2021 16:53

I'm sorry that you are in that position LG.

I see our 3 often, like today and we all get on well.

We don't live in each others pockets, but each one would help the others, if they needed to.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Oct 2021 17:06

We have 3 very close to us but the rest do not bother at all and we are persona non grata

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Oct 2021 17:07

It has happened to hubby and me, our son and two of my siblings

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Oct 2021 17:30

I have had Mother, Sister and 4 kids

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Oct 2021 17:53

I simply don't know, well I can guess why but because they don't communicate with us so don't know for sure.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 9 Oct 2021 18:01

Like Gwyn, I find that so sad and I could cry for anyone in that situation. Because of distance and other commitments we don't see our 2 and their families very often but they regularly phone or email and I know that we are all there for each other if there is a need.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 11 Oct 2021 17:35

LaGooner and ZZzzz I know how you feel as I am in the same boat so to speak. Sending hugs.xx <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Oct 2021 18:44

I can understand it entirely.

Although I was never in a position to completely cut myself off from my family, particularly my mother, I would very much have liked to have been and tried very hard to get myself into that position.

Now, as a member of several groups for the scapegoat children of narcissistic parents, I understand that I was not alone in my abuse either.