General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census 1921 - pricey!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 27 Oct 2021 10:09

Available on FMP from 6th Jan 2022

It's £2.50 per transcript of the record.

It's £3.50 for the actual census image

The 10% discount is only available to folk with the 12 month, Pro subscription ie the most expensisve one.

"How much will the census cost?

£2.50 for every record transcript and £3.50 for every original record image.

This will cover the cost of digitising and transcribing the 18,235,242 images created from the records supplied exclusively to us by The National Archives. It means these precious records are accessible, commitment-free, for everyone.

For all 12-month Pro subscribers, there will be a 10% discount on any 1921 Census purchases."

https://tinyurl.com/5mwmsnsz

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Oct 2021 10:13

Thanks Kucinta

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 27 Oct 2021 10:35

Thanks Kucinta....as you say pricey :-0 :-0

Would have thought they could have given a better discount for the Pro subscribers, I already pay FMP too much :-0

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Oct 2021 18:36

How much are the annual subs? Do you have unlimited access then like you do on here?

Florence in the hebrides

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Oct 2021 18:52

Like so many sites it all depends which level you want.

The pro level is £159.99 a year.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Oct 2021 22:09

Woah!!

Island

Island Report 27 Oct 2021 23:41

I seem to have a pro subscription this current year which cost £101.96 as have the previous three years for the Britain sub.
I've only ever had a Britain subscription which has gone up and down over the years, as low as £49.75 one year. No rhyme or reason.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Oct 2021 00:37

I have what used to be called a Worldwide Subscription to FMP but now seems to be called PRO. It should be £155.95p but in February I paid £132.56p which is a 15% discount.

If they can give a 15% loyalty discount on a subscription I would have thought they could give at least the same on the census transcriptions and images. I've been with them for years.

Kath. x

Island

Island Report 28 Oct 2021 10:01

Seems they pull numbers out of a hat then Kath. I was charged 101.96 just a month after you and was granted a worldwide sub - I didn't even know I had that LOL
I hope they don't up my sub to £150 odd next March - they never send notice of what they are going to charge me :-|

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Oct 2021 10:12

See helpful post re 1921 census on 28 Oct at 07:55 on this thread:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1398111

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Oct 2021 10:48

“N”

Kense

Kense Report 30 Oct 2021 11:14

It's not that pricey when you compare it with the cost of a PDF from the GRO.

You can't expect the sub to include access to the census for a few months as they would lose much of their expected revenue because of kind people doing lookups.