General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TITANIC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 31 Oct 2021 14:44

My mum told me for years that there was roamer in the family that her uncle had gone down on the Titanic but back when she was a child it was not spoken about she was born in the early 20s and none of brothers and sisters born before 1912 who might have known him ever spoke of him, anyway I would look through the passenger list from time to time hoping that his name would come up and I could give mum this information but nothing and mum passed away two years ago ,then a few weeks ago I had a look at the crew list why o why did I not look at that before because there he was he was a fireman so he would have been down below but according to the records he di manage to save three

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Oct 2021 14:56

Well done Linda, always good to demolish one of the brick walls. Sad that your Mumis no longer with you though.

Linda

Linda Report 31 Oct 2021 20:09

Yes Ann it is the Irish side is so hard but so interesting and the one thing she told me she overheard but was not sure if it was true was that her parents married on the 31 Dec 1899 I was able to find out it was true and I was able to get a copy of their marriage certificate which pleased her