General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are there companies out there?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 Nov 2021 21:37

That can de clutter a shed/man cave, hubby has a lot of tools has inherited but doesn't know where to start so I wonder if there are any out there similar to house tidyers. :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Nov 2021 22:29

There may be someone on your local 'Facebook' pages.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Nov 2021 08:02

going through OH's tools etc after he died (all in the garage). Daughter and I kept two of everything then distributed the rest to whoever wanted them and some things like a redundant but working lawn mower and strimmer were offered free on local web sites and were soon snatched up.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 19 Nov 2021 08:18

There used to be charities who collected and sent hand tools to Africa, but I've not heard anything of them recently. I think my brother dropped off some tools with them, that's in the south.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Nov 2021 09:59

Thank you ladies. I shall be looking into those ideas.

Island

Island Report 19 Nov 2021 11:57

Men in Sheds /Mensheds are a worthy cause. Google to find one in your area / nearest to you. They might even take your oh ;-)

Inky1

Inky1 Report 19 Nov 2021 13:47

Freecycle? We have used in the past.

https://www.freecycle.org/

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 Nov 2021 14:19

How about Stacey Solomon :-D :-D :-D

Annx

Annx Report 20 Nov 2021 00:44

Try some house clearançe people as one we used would clear a garage/shed and also sell things for you for a small commission.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 20 Nov 2021 13:08

Well it seems he doesn't want anyone coming to his shed, he can cope with it himself apparently, well he won't get any help from me.

That you all for your help and suggestions x.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Nov 2021 20:09

To be honest, I can understand his feelings. :-)

Annx

Annx Report 24 Nov 2021 21:02

We felt the same when we thought we could clear MIL's little house and shed. After several days of just filling our cars with stuff to take home and stuff to drop off at the charity shop, we rang a house clearance man that was recommended. He came the next morning and started straightaway and had the place cleared and hoovered throughout by 4.00pm. It would have taken us a few weeks to do it.

I can understand him wanting to sort out what he wants to keep as he doesn't want all of it to go, but if he could sort those things out and put to one side, then get someone to buy the rest?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 Nov 2021 23:21

I'm beyond helping him now, whatever I suggest he doesn't want to do so I told him not to moan because there isn't enough room in there for him to work.
I reckon that in a few weeks time he will say he is going to take on one of the things I suggested but make it sound like it is his idea but I won't help him.

Annx

Annx Report 25 Nov 2021 18:08

That's a man for you!! lol :-D