General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JoyLouise?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Dec 2021 14:47

I haven't spotted anything from JoyLouise lately - I wonder if she is one of the unfortunates without power?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Dec 2021 15:09

She posted on the daily thread at about lunch time on Tuesday.

Not sure where she is to know if they have power.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Dec 2021 15:18

Thanks Gwen. She must be just having a quiet spell if she posted on Tuesday. I’m pretty sure she lives in the North East of England.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Dec 2021 07:52

Well, thank you! I am still catching up and I came across your thread so I thought I’d let you know that we have not been one of the unfortunates - we never lost power. I have just been very busy.

My daughter, who works from home and lives close by, was fortunate too, as was my son who lives in a pretty Northumberland village. He travels south to work; luckily not north as he told us of a huge tree, roots and all, blocking the main road north of his village.

Falling trees brought down many poles throughout the North East though. My bestie, who lives in a Durham village not too far away, feels fortunate that she only lost power for a few hours but she had candles and has a log burner and gas hob, luckily.

If you have never heard of the US billionaire, Warren Buffet, look him up. Follow on from Northern Power Grid to Berkshire Hathaway then, like me, you may wonder why companies like that don’t have a few small generators stored in local areas for use in times like we’ve had recently.

Do you ever wonder how your kids are living where they are, by the way? I’d have put money on my son staying in a town and my daughter moving to the countryside - and at the moment, I’d have been out of pocket!