General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Facebook.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Dec 2021 16:52

Fed up with that at the moment, I had been hacked, changed my password, ticked the box that asked if I wanted to be logged out on my other devices, I said yes so now the only way I can get on there is with a lap top, can an account be deleted that way and if it can how can I get it back?
Thanks for letting me rant. xx

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Dec 2021 12:22

I'm not an expert on Facebook as I hardly ever log on, avoiding social media as much as possible!

However, I do know that your account is stored on the Facebook Web server, and not on any of your devices.

You should be able to log in on any device by finding the Facebook log-in or home page, and just logging in as usual.

If you've been using the Facebook app, rather than their web page, you may have to reinstall the app.

If that doesn't help, contact Facebook.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-can-i-log-on-facebook-from-another-computer

https://en-gb.facebook.com/help

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Dec 2021 12:26

If you usually logged in on an iPad then your old password will still be stored in the password settings

Try deleting it from settings then log into Facebook using your new password and say yes to iPad saving the password

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Dec 2021 15:02

I'm not good at explaining myself but the account that comes up isn't the one I want and I can't even get on that one anyway. :-(

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Dec 2021 15:21

Sounds as if you need to contact Facebook.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Dec 2021 15:24

Thank you all for helping me and I hope I don't sound abrupt or aggressive, I'm just so frustrated.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Dec 2021 16:54

Seems someone had tried to hack into our chrome. Didn’t understand why the in-house computer expert ran screaming upstairs to the main machine. Just bit my head off when he came down.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Dec 2021 16:54

Seems someone had tried to hack into our chrome. Didn’t understand why the in-house computer expert ran screaming upstairs to the main machine. Just bit my head off when he came down.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 28 Dec 2021 14:16

I contacted Facebook yesterday, they haven't got back to me though.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 30 Dec 2021 15:10

What does it take for FB to answer me and fix the problem they have caused????
2 messages sent, replies none.Grr.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 Jan 2022 20:43

Does anyone know how to contact FB AND get a proper answer, things I have tried say it is feed back and I won't get an answer, it isn't feed back I need answers.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 3 Jan 2022 23:42

The only thing I could find was the help and support section . I am on a laptop and I found it in the account drop down menu . Other that that I couldn't see anything about contacting fb. Sorry can't be more help.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 4 Jan 2022 09:21

I don’t use FB so I don’t really know what I am talking about but I guess you have googled? If you do there are a couple of UK phone numbers and a London address you can write to. Of course there’s no guarantee you’ll get an answer!

Good luck

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 4 Jan 2022 09:53

It is impossible to directly phone them regarding user accounts.
Try this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-contact-facebook-problems-with-account-other-issues?r=US&IR=T

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Jan 2022 14:50

Thank you Rollo, I have it sorted now, with hubbies help too :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Jan 2022 22:32

Spoke to soon, it's gone wrong but at least now I know what to do.