General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Caught! Again!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 5 Jan 2022 21:58

The other day I was in the Centre of Bunbury after a heavy downpour and I saw an old man dressed in an ancient, and filthy, raincoat. He was holding a short bamboo cane which had a piece of thread attached to it. This was dangling in a puddle

It looked for all the world that he was fishing.

Being the time of year that it is and the fact that he looked as though he'd been caught in the rain, I offered to buy him a drink.

We went to the nearest pub and I bought him a pint with a whisky chaser.

I thought that to humour him I had better start a conversation so I jokingly said to him "How many have you caught?"

He looked at me through rheumy eyes, and in a slightly slurred voice he replied, "You're the sixth this morning"

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2022 22:55

:-D :-D :-D :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Jan 2022 23:13

:-D :-D love it.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 Jan 2022 23:55

It's the way you tell em Allan :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jan 2022 11:07