General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian Funeral.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 7 Jan 2022 23:31

My Australian Aunt has passed away and I would like to send flowers but I don't know what are typical funeral flowers over there, also I haven't known her for very long so could advise me please?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Jan 2022 23:51

I have relatives in Australia and when my aunt died a few years ago I looked on Google for the nearest florist to my aunt's address and phoned and asked about flowers. They asked her name and told me that they were already doing some flowers for family members and would make my flowers up in similar flowers and colours to what others had ordered.

I realise phoning could be expensive depending on your phone contract but luckily my contract for the house phone covers calls abroad. There is always email you could use as well.

Kath. x

Allan

Allan Report 8 Jan 2022 00:29

ZZzzz

Floral tributes, from the funerals that I have attended, tend to be similar to those in the UK although things like roses can be expensive. Native flowers can also be used but these vary from State to State although, again, they are obtainable Nationally, but at a price.

The trend these days is for cash donations, in lieu of flowers, to a nominated charity. If you are able, why not check with your Aunt's family

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Jan 2022 13:09

Allan

I am unable to send flowers to the funeral directors so I would like to send a cheque to a dementia charity in Albany, is there one, if not could you let me know where I could please, it will be from UK.

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jan 2022 21:17

ZZzzz, I will check it out for you. There are a couple of places in Albany, but they may be off-shoots of National Organisations.

I'll PM you later

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Jan 2022 21:32

Allan, thank you.