General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I just love it.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Jan 2022 23:41

When someone says that where you are from is full of inbreds and you show them that you are related to them with an "an inbred" and there is no doubt that you are related and their head explodes with anger again. :-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2022 11:01

It is hilarious, isn't it?
I have a wonderful newspaper cutting of an interview of my gran's great aunt, Harriet Marjoram of Middleton, Suffolk, on reaching her 100'th year in 1936.

It's written in broad Suffolk. Harriet mentions the lack of surnames in the village, and this 'lack of surnames' occasionally resulted in 'not so bright' children.
She then says, 'But then, they's quite a few idiots in Lunnen too b'aint there'.

So, they know inbreeding wasn't the best - but with the lack of transportation for those without money, what could they do?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Jan 2022 11:39

Wow that is good and you couldn't make it up, not so bright is how I would describe him and his Dad, in fact his Dad was a body builder and threatened to beat me up if I continued with that s..t, all 5' of me said go on then if you think you are hard enough, he backed off.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2022 12:24

Good grief!
More ego than brain!

Strangely, there's every chance ex and I are 'related'.
Both is gran, and my great gran are from the New Forest Traveller community.
However, as both of us were from service families, we never grew up anywhere near each other - though we met in Hampshire.