General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Heatwave?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Feb 2022 09:07

I know 'real' postmen wear shorts all year round but this morning the postie was in shorts and a tee shirt.

Am now thinking 'do I need to take one of my layers off'

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Feb 2022 10:36

let's hope he/she doesn't get frostbite!!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 23 Feb 2022 11:55

My postie is now in long trousers, as we have a howling gale and pouring rain, but the Tesco man is still wearing shorts.

How times change. When my sons were young, boys couldn't wait to get into long trousers to keep their knees warm. Shorts were only for holidays!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 23 Feb 2022 13:39

Yes! We’ve had a postie wearing shorts this week as well as a parcel courier.

I thought that they must be working their socks off to not feel the cold. :-0

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Feb 2022 10:55

Did he catch a chill? I don't know which postie came this morning but they bagged a van (rather than do the walking round (we're about 10 minute walk from the sorting office.