General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EDIT SETTINGS/THATS FINE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roy

Roy Report 9 Mar 2022 03:45

Can anyone please tell me why I keep getting a box come up in the middle of my screen with two boxes inside it . one says edit settings and the other says that's fine. They keep appearing and when they are on the screen I can not do anything. If I except either they go away but return shortly after.

Roy

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 9 Mar 2022 10:34

Roy
I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think it is to do with the cookies that Genes put on your device. Legally they have to give you the opportunity to state your preferences i.e. edit settings or you can accept the lot i.e. that’s fine. It will appear on your screen the first time you open Genes after you have cleared your cookies and history.

Most companies do this in some way or other.