General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cookies notice keeps appearing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roy

Roy Report 11 Mar 2022 00:10

Hi guys not being computer literate and I hoping somebody can help me. When ever I am on gene ru a box keeps appearing on my screen saying that's fine or edit cookies. I accept the that's fine square and the notice goes away to reappear a few minutes latter. How can I fix this.

roy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Mar 2022 06:36

You can’t !

It’s been happening a lot lately . Just accept and it goes

I found it happened a lot but it’s now every so often

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 11 Mar 2022 08:44

Did you see my response to your 9th March thread about this? It comes up if cookies have been cleared. Genes then have to get permission from you again. I have just experimented by clearing my cookies while I had Genes open and the cookies box came up immediately. If it’s happening every few minutes with you I am wondering if you have something in your settings that is constantly clearing your cookies.

I could be wrong as I am not very technically minded either but that’s my reading of the situation. Have a look at your settings.

Good luck :-)