General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dame Deborah James

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jun 2022 21:22

Dame Deborah James has died after her fight with bowel cancer. What a brave young lady she was. May she now rest in peace.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Jun 2022 22:27

So sad and she was so young and had a young family too.

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Jun 2022 22:29

There's never a right time but this was certainly the wrong time for the poor young lady and her family.

ann

ann Report 28 Jun 2022 22:43

I don't think she was brave. I think she was very scared, I think she put on a brave face. My hubby has had a bad cancer and went to pieces but put on a brave face to everyone. Rip to this lovely lady and well respected and love to her children and family. xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jun 2022 10:10

My thoughts were that she was brave because she was scared Ann. But how wonderful that she managed to collect over 6.5 million pounds for the charity. I feel very sad for her family to have lost such a lovely person.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 29 Jun 2022 10:22

Dame Deborah was such an inspiration.....the good die young but may your memory live on.... RIP <3 <3