General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Virgin Media'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Aug 2022 13:35

The scammers are bottling out quickly nowadays aren't they?
I had a call at about 12:30.
After about 30 seconds (why should I wait for them to scam me?), she said her name and started the splurge.
I said 'Uh-hu' every time she expected a response.
Then she got onto the serious stuff.

'Oh', I said, 'Is this where you want my bank details?'
'Oh no, nothing like that' she assured me.
'Of course not', I said, 'It's were you get me fiddling around on the laptop, isn't it, to steal information or b*gger up my laptop that way'
She put the phone down.

Not sure if it was the same person, but I had another call from them at 1:15.
At my first 'Uh-hu', before she'd even started, she sighed, and put the phone down
:-D :-D

Island

Island Report 5 Aug 2022 13:38

ha ha! she probably thought 'uh uh, not her again' LOL :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Aug 2022 13:42

I'm now going to say 'Uh-hu' every time I answer the phone. :-D :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 5 Aug 2022 13:43

I get those calls from Virgin and do the same as you do , saying just yes or no and they usually hang up on me as well
: :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Aug 2022 12:37

Had one allegedly from BT this morning.

This time I asked what address they were referring to - when cold callers have 'tried it on' in the 18 months since I've moved, and they CAN give me my address, they've given the wrong one. I let them know their spam list is out of date.

Anyway, when I explained again about why they should know my address (as she didn't understand me) - I didn't tell her my address - I just pointed out that here, the line to the phone & internet comes to my house from my a pole, and if there's an internet fault at 'my house', surely she has an address, as they'd need to see the pole and line?

She put the phone down, before I had a chance to say hook (line) and sinker!! :-D :-D

Two minutes later a lovely lady from the opticians called - I had to apologise for answering the phone with 'Whaaat' Fortunately, she understood. :-)