General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vac Bags.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Aug 2022 18:13

Can anyone recommend good quality vac bags for long term storage of a king size duvet please, I've used some but they don't last long, not even a year with some. Thanks.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Aug 2022 00:07

I need to know, too! :-D :-D :-D

Says she, with her winter duvet in a vacuum bag, that is taped shut with duct tape!!!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Aug 2022 09:29

When I read the headline on the post I thought you were looking for the disposable bags for vacuum cleaners! Whoops, sorry.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Aug 2022 09:59

Jacqueline - you are not alone. :-D

ZZzzz - do you mean those bags where you suck all the air out? Not that I know anything about them.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Aug 2022 11:42

currently being advertised on't telly....Vac pack wilko asda argos...

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 6 Aug 2022 12:22

I have never used them, but they sell them at Lakeland, which is a bit pricey but usually very good quality. They say it holds a king size duvet and 4 pillows!!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Aug 2022 12:25

Thank you Bobtanian, I haven't the telly on for about a month so wouldn't have seen them.
nameslessone, yes that is the ones I mean.

Von

Von Report 6 Aug 2022 12:43

These are the ones I have bought from Amazon. Had them for a while and appear to be ok.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOYTOTO-Storage-Clothes-Pillows-Bedding/dp/B08RZ1T5W6/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=vacuum+packs&qid=1659785874&sr=8-24

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Aug 2022 16:29

Thanks Von, I've ordered them and they will be delivered tomorrow :-D