General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which Vacuum Cleaner?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 14 Aug 2023 17:23

Would you review yours? PLEASE!!!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Aug 2023 17:36

Do you want a ‘proper’ ’ vacuum cleaner or are you thinking about a stick type one?

Is weight an issue?

Do you have carpet, wood, vinyl or a mix of coverings.?

Just saves anyone reviewing something unsuitable.

We have a large one for downstairs and a stick one for upstairs. They are both hoover hoovers. The big one picks up well the stick one (chargeable) is ok.

Island

Island Report 14 Aug 2023 19:13

Stick, cordless and light weight, carpet.

I'm debating Shark v hoover but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for adding :-)

:-P to those who who didn't understand.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 14 Aug 2023 19:28

We have Shark and Henry, Shark gets used more because it is light and does Lino and carpet at the flick of a switch, also is almost horizontal for under furniture.

Island

Island Report 14 Aug 2023 19:32

Thanks Zzzz, might be leaning towards a shark, liking the under furniture feature.
Henry might be a trip hazard knowing myself :-0

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 14 Aug 2023 19:55

I know what you mean, I can trip over fresh air. ;-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Aug 2023 20:01

I have a GTech AirRam K9.....I think AnnG had a Thread on Vacuum Cleaners a few months back :-)

Island

Island Report 14 Aug 2023 20:35

:-D :-D ZZzzz ;-)

Thanks Belle :-D rings a bell, I'll have a hunt - or aske Ann to bump it up...

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Aug 2023 20:36

G tech Air Ram for me everytime. Lightweight , cordless and good value for money.

Island

Island Report 14 Aug 2023 20:40

Thanks LG. I've been reading about that one - not good for stairs?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Aug 2023 20:48

I have the hand held G tech one that I cannot remember the name of for the life of me for that job, It has a turbo head and a crevis and dusting tool too. I will have to google and see it's name now or it will bug me all evening :-D :-D :-D

Got it . It is called the Multi and I bought the two together as a package

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Aug 2023 21:34

Thread bumped up.

Island

Island Report 14 Aug 2023 22:10

Thanks Ann :-D

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 15 Aug 2023 06:24

We had a couple of vacuum cleaners that were all singing all dancing, but died after a couple of years. So we considered what the professionals use - almost exclusively they use a Henry.

So we bought a Henry, probably 15 years ago now, still as good as new. The bags are easy to fit, cheap to buy and easy to find. The only problem is that the hose is about 15 feet long, so every time we attempt to move it something ends up on the floor. But we are so pleased with Henry that he now has a Sister, Hetty, who works upstairs to save carting Henry up and down, knocking things over in the process.

Best of all - Henry only costs just over £100, so if he does go wrong he's much less expensive to replace.

Thoroughly recommend Henry!

Island

Island Report 15 Aug 2023 09:56

Thanks Duncan but Henry not suitable for me with all that hose and electric string :-( no where to store him either unfortunately.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 Oct 2023 00:10

I have always gone for Vax... because I have lots on pets and they cope the back .. Especially The blade.4 :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Oct 2023 08:38

did you settle on one Island?

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 12 Oct 2023 15:16

We have the Gtech air ram plus the multi. Plus another multi upstairs, we use them all every day.