General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tesco on line deliveries

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2023 09:09

anyone else ever had a delivery cancelled the day of delivery. I get so used to just seeing the invoice when I log in that it was quite a shock to get one saying delivery cancelled. OK, luckily it does not affect me too much, I have food in for today and have manged to get an alternative slot for tomorrow. But I was thinking how inconvenient if I was expecting visitors. Just shows how things can go wrong. They don't give an explanation, just an apology but I do feel they should offer something for the inconvenience. I suspect all the supermarkets are the same. I just have to remember they are coming tomorrow now though. (if they do) Lol!!

And I have been through and cancelled almost £10 worth of the order.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 8 Oct 2023 10:34

I don't like Tesco and won't go in there since I found out that they buy land, do nothing with it, it is to stop other supermarkets from opening their shops there, there is one less than 5 minutes away from us too.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Oct 2023 10:58

Had this with Iceland and no explanation or way of finding out when the delivery would come

Seems wasn’t sent by the local Iceland shop but a warehouse on a trading estate but no way of getting Into direct contact

Took almost a week of faffing about to finally get the order .

Wasn’t even able to cancel as had been charged

Seems eventually it had been out for delivery but the driver was involved in a road traffic accident and all orders had been picked up and returned to the warehouse
After was a complete chaos them redelivering

Never done an online Iceland shop again :-P

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Oct 2023 11:13

I dont have a choice so Tesco online is where i shop.

Thankfully, I have never had them cancel but if they did say on a Saturday, I wuldnt be able to get supplies for the weekend as no shops open on a Sunday and i can't get out.
Like you said AnnG, imagine if you were getting visitors for a meal and suddenly no delivery!! That would be a disaster :-P

I do when budget allows stock up on things like jars, tins and frozen fish and chicken breasts so at least i have things i can make meals with in the freezer.

I also buy bulk online of toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and toilet duck because I got good deals.

The problem is, we have become so reliant on home deliveries, that when something goes wrong, we are thrown into chaos unexpectedly so hence I now have my emergency stock of things for the just in case.

Florence in the hebrides

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 8 Oct 2023 11:45

This happened to my SiL, she was given the choice of booking a slot for another day or collecting her order at the Click and Collect outlet that day. She was told that some drivers hadn't turned up :-0. If they don't already, perhaps they should pay a few drivers to be on standby just in case this happens :-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 8 Oct 2023 12:20

I have had a delivery cancelled on the day because the delivery van broke down, but on that occasion Tesco sent a text to say what had happened and offered me another slot.

ZZzzz, Tesco aren't the only supermarket to do that. Not long ago, Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose and another I forget were taken to task by the monopolies commission, fined and forced to let other people buy the land if they wanted.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2023 12:31

Thank you to those who answered on the deliveries problem. I am lucky in that I do keep a good supply of food in, (freezer, fridge and tinned stuff) so no way would I starve and I was able to book another slot for tomorrow with no problem. I am guessing a van has broken down. the email was extremely apologetic and explained exactly how to transfer the whole shop to another date which I did. I can't get to the shop to buy a large shop myself (can walk to do a small shop) so on line shopping is good for me.

I don't think Tesco is any worse than all the other supermarkets with the sort of thing Zzzzz has said. and for three years now I have never had a problem with them.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 8 Oct 2023 12:51

I can understand them not wanting others to open their shops there but for goodness sake have something built on it, one of their own or a gym or dwellings. :-(