General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry - census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylann

Sylann Report 14 Nov 2023 13:54

Hi
Is it me or have ancestry changed what you can view

Looking at the censuses and I can only see the person I'm looking for the rest of the family just has their ages so you have to press each one to view their details
As I say have they changed anything or is it me and my laptop

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Nov 2023 14:16

Hi Sylann

The transcripts look to me as they have always been :-)

So that means, as you say, you see the full details of the person you have entered with the names and ages of the rest of the family and then you have to click on all the other individuals separately to see their full details.

If you click on the picture of an image on the left hand side that will show you the actual image so you can see the details of the whole family at a glance.

Hope the above helps :-)

Sylann

Sylann Report 14 Nov 2023 15:06

Hi
Just been onto ancestry waste of time that was

When I get a Scottish census up I see the details of the person I was looking for but usually when you scroll down you see the whole family if their is one their names age and what relation they are But I'm just getting their ages so I have to go into each person to view their info So I thought I'm going to have to save each one but pressing to save the full census came up

So panic over Thank you